Adelaide to Broome
Depart Adelaide Thursday 29th July 2021 and arrive in Broome 7th August 2021
2021 will be the 28th year of this unique event which packs a life-time of experiences of traveling through the Australian Outback into one awesome week as entrants traverse rugged, spectacular and remote regions of Australia in vehicles 30 years or older and 4WD support vehicles.
In 2021 we will again be showcasing rugged outback Australia. Departing from Adelaide, the event will travel through the magnificent Flinders Rangers, the Oodnadatta Track, The Finke Track into Alice Springs, The Tanami Track across to Halls Creek, up to Lake Argyle and then across the mighty Gibb River Road to Derby before finishing at the very popular Broome.
The event will span 10 days departing Adelaide on Saturday 29th July and concluding with a presentation dinner on Saturday 7th August 2021 at Broome. Entrants will be treated to the finest in country hospitality, enjoy the good-natured rivalry and camaraderie of fellow participants and have the opportunity to soak up the complete outback experience for which Australia is renowned.
- Odyssey vehicles and modern 4WD vehicles are permitted on the event
- There is a minimum requirement of two people per vehicle.
- Odyssey vehicles must be built 30 years ago, at the start of the Odyssey.
- Odyssey Vehciles and 4WD vehicles can be entered together or separately and we welcome single entries in either category.
- $4,950 (Inc. GST) for (30 years or older) Odyssey Vehicle
- $4,400 (Inc. GST) for 4WD vehicle (Not mandatory).
- $1,500 (Inc. GST) per crew member covering meal ticket and camping fees
- All meals on the event
- End presentation dinner at Broome
(Note Entrants pay their own accommodation where they upgrade from camping, fuel, supplies, alcohol, etc)
OZ Outback Odyssey Entry
Entrant Sponsorship & Tax Deductibles
Entrants are encouraged to raise sponsorship to help fund their entry. Some host their fundraising events for their own cars. Sponsorship secured from companies / small business may be tax deductible when the logo / name of the business is advertised by the entrant on their vehicle &/or on clothing &/or promotional material all produced by the entrant themselves*.
Many past entrants have raised sponsorship by selling panels on their cars and placing decals of sponsors on the panels. This provides excellent advertising for the sponsors both pre and during the event in the many towns and places that the event visits. Furthermore, Channel Seven will provide coverage of the OZ Outback Odyssey in the form of short promotional segments to be screened at their discretion. This represents a potential opportunity for cars sponsors to be seen on television on a prominent station such as Chanel Seven.
*OZ Outback Odyssey is not qualified to provide taxation advice. Please seek your own tax advice if required.
A typical OZ Outback Odyssey Day
- Travel between 350 – 450km per day
- Cars generally depart at approx 8.00am and we aim to have vehicles at night stop by approx 4pm. Note: the event aims to cater for the “average vehicle” traveling at sensible speeds (not the fastest or slowest cars)
Each day includes:
- The event typically overnights at a mixture of small one pub towns and outback stations
- Accommodation is generally limited; entrants can expect to camp most nights.
- Once first survey is complete, the committee will send out the itinerary for event detailing where we are staying. Entrants are free to book any accommodation on first in first served basis
Whilst the aim of the event is to ensure entrants have a memorable experience, fundraising for charity is also an important part of making this event successful for all beneficiaries. Fundraising on the event includes:
- Small fines
- Outback Odyssey Wine Orders!
RFDS will organise an Everyday Hero Page for each Entrant making it easy to support a car by making a donation online.
Supporting Outback Communities
- Catering for all meals on the Odyssey
- Running raffles and competitions / auctions at meal stops
- Selling fuel and supplies
- Providing camping and accommodation for entrants where applicable
- OZ Outback Odyssey Winner (OZ Outback Odyssey cars eligible). Combination of points from control sections and Road Blocks– Support Cars don’t receive points for control sections)
- Best Presented Vehicle (as voted by entrants)
- Best 4WD Support Vehicle (as voted by entrants)
- “Road Block” Winner (Odyssey vehicles & support vehicles)
Compulsory Car Scrutineering
- The OZ Outback Odyssey has $20m Public Liability Insurance
- All entrants must have a fully registered vehicle and have their own third party property and fire insurance.
- All entrants must be over the age of 18 and must sign an indemnity form.
For more information about The OZ Outback Odyssey click here.
Or if you’d like to ask question directly please contact us here.